If you call 9-1-1 on a cell phone, your location may not automatically display, as it does when calling from most home/business phones.
Be prepared to tell the 9-1-1 calltaker:
* The location of the emergency (Address, street intersection, landmarks, city, county, mile marker, etc.)
* Your cell phone number
* What the emergency is and what type of assistance is needed
* Stay calm and speak clearly!
* Do not hang up until the 9-1-1 calltaker has obtained all of the information that is needed.
* Since you are calling from a cell phone, your call may be disconnected if the signal is lost. Be sure to call back if you are cut off.
* When calling 9-1-1 on a cellular phone, be sure to stop if you are in a moving vehicle. It is difficult to obtain all of the information needed if you are getting further from the emergency.